It’s the biggest shopping weekend of the year! And while the rest of the world may be thrilled for today’s Black Friday deals, we’ve got our sights set on tomorrow, Small Business Saturday. Not only because we’re a small business ourselves, but because we always seem to find the most beautiful and original gifts tucked away in local boutiques. So, if you’re looking for a perfectly unique gift AND to support your local community at the same time, we’ve put together a list of our favorite boutiques and shops in Greenwich and surrounding towns.
1. Splurge. Splurge is the quintessential gift shop, and a perfect place to go for gifts for teachers, co-workers, hostesses and more. They offer gift sections for kids, women, and men, as well as a personalization shop and Greenwich-themed gifts. A sampling of what you’ll find there: fine jewelry, coffee table books, gourmet foods, handmade serving pieces, baby blankets, cufflinks … and the list goes on.
2. Petticoat Lane. This accessories boutique is a great place to shop for everyone from your best girlfriend to your daughter. They offer a curated selection of handbags, wallets, jewelry, sleepwear, and more, from lines like Linea Pelle, Botkier, Wolford, Longchamp, and Furla.
3. Wishlist. Consider Wishlist a one-stop shop for all the fashionistas on your list. This contemporary clothing boutique is guaranteed to have the latest from hard-to-find designers like Monrow, Stateside, and Sundry, as well as well-known labels like J. Brand, Michael Stars, and Free People.
4. Hoagland’s of Greenwich. If you’re looking for an extra-impressive hostess gift or maybe something for the newlyweds in your life, there’s no better place to shop than Hoagland’s. We’d call it a gift shop, but that seems like an understatement given their vast inventory of pieces from tabletop favorites like Baccarat, William Yeoward, Regina Andrew, Van Cleve, Nambe, and more.
5. Fred. Another must if you’re shopping for a gift for a girlfriend, your mother, or even — gasp!– yourself this season. This Old Greenwich fave is known for carrying wardrobe-making brands like Vince, Rebecca Taylor, AG Denim, Joie, Milly, and James Perse.
6. The Local Vault. You didn’t think we’d leave ourselves out, did you? Besides our usual collections of luxury consignment furniture and antiques, we’re also featuring a special holiday portion of the site curated with our perfectly giftable picks. Think: artisan candles from Apotheke, In2Green eco-luxury, throws, jewelry by Rebecca Karsen, a collection of midcentury crystal decanters, vintage porcelain serving pieces, and lots more!