In any room, there should be a balance between the pieces that blend in and the ones that stand out. If everything in a room was a showstopper, it would feel busy, cacophonous, and cluttered. If everything were traditional, neutral, or simple, on the other hand, the room would be boring and lifeless. So how do you strike perfect harmony? Our favorite strategy is to choose the statement-making pieces first. One stunning, special, totally unique item can inspire an entire room–we love when we come across these types of pieces for The Local Vault, because we can’t wait to see what sorts of ideas they create for our clients. Luckily, we find a lot of them! Below are some of our favorite pieces that are sure to serve as the wow-factor for any room they occupy (click the image to shop each piece).
2. Weston-based designers Clovis Faria’s cocktail tables are like functional works of art. We’re partial to the paint-splattered versions like this one, but they can also be ordered through TLV in solid colors, too.
3. If you’re a fan of midcentury design you’d be hard-pressed to find better decorating inspiration than an icon of modernist style, a pair of Mies Van Der Rohe’s leather-upholstered Barcelona chairs.
4. Talk about high-drama: At more than 10 feet long, this Drexel Heritage dining table is a showstopper based on size alone. We’d take a cue from the scale of the piece and the column-style legs and design a neoclassical space with a contemporary twist.
5. Part glamour, part midcentury, this pair of velvet-upholstered chaise lounges from Alexandra Perrine have a distinct style that would be just the right inspiration for a modern pied-a-terre in the city.
6. If your dream home would be designed after an apartment in Montparnasse, this antique French mirror hung above a fireplace is a chic place to start.
7. An antique Chinese apothecary cabinet would serve as a one-of-a-kind jumping off point for a Chinoiserie-style space.
For more design inspiration, check out our entire collection on The Local Vault. From one-of-a-kind antiques and original vintage furniture, to unique art and secondhand luxury decor, we have SO much that’ll inspire you to make your home beautiful!