Forget baking pies and stuffing turkeys. Our favorite part of playing hostess on Thanksgiving is decorating the tabletop. Putting together the perfect tablescape is like decorating a mini room. There needs to be a cohesive design scheme, attention to scale and balance and, most importantly, a personal touch that sets it apart. It’s a fun, creative challenge to solve, but if you do it right, it will delight you and your guests the entire evening.
Also? We’re big believers that you don’t have to stick to the traditional orange, red, and yellow Thanksgiving color scheme or have a single turkey motif on your table to make for a festive holiday table. Below, we’ve gathered seven of our favorite beautiful Thanksgiving tablescape ideas to help inspire your inner hostess with the mostest.
1. How stunning is the combination of a washed linen tablecloth, antique flatware, delicate floral-motif place cards, and wild berry centerpieces on this table? The whole look feels bright, cheerful, and inviting.
2. An ingenious way to make orange pop (and give all those pumpkins you picked an elevated, sophisticated feel)? Pair the hue with its color-wheel opposite, blue.
3. We’re going to start wishing for a warm front to pass through New England on November 26 so we can host our dinner al fresco. But luckily, even if the temps are seasonably chilly, we’re pretty sure this natural, green tablescape would be just as gorgeous indoors.
4. Prefer a simple, minimalist look? Taper candles, a few air plants, and crystal bowls of persimmons, apricots, or clementines are all you need to set a picture perfect table.
5. Add some bling to your table! Take notes from this year’s metallic trend and choose gold flatware and chargers, and gilded pumpkins (simply take a can of spray paint to your gourds).
6. Another trend-drive tabletop: Mercury glass mixed with antique dinnerware and rustic accents like a burlap table runner create an elegant French Country look.
7. And last but not least, a moody approach to tabletop decor that would be the perfect complement to an industrial-style space.
Looking for a few accents to add to your Thanksgiving tablescape? Here are a few of our favorites from our inventory.
A blue and white porcelain serving set: